AtSSG LARP House Rules for our games.
All of the Golden Rules. Plus
- As our games are set in the Late Middle Ages the playable types are both expanded to include those lost in time as well as a limitation on the ones not yet created.
- Due to things in the game the Changelings only take only ½ damage from Banality that they would in times after the Middle Ages.
- The Camarilla and the Sabbat do exist, but the Camarilla is relatively new. The territory is not globally regulated and in many places, there is no Masquerade. The people living in areas with many Vampires tend to know about them and strive to live normal lives.
- Save for the Form known as Crinos the forms of Fera and Garou do not cause Delirium.
- Those of the Pagan Faiths (Anglo-Saxon paganism, Druid, and other Celtic Faiths) are on average aware of the Prodigals of the World of Darkness. Basic knowledge of the Fae, Vampires, and Beastfolk like Garou are within childhood learning. Delirium and Fae arts work less to hide things, but abilities like Inglenook, Revelry, Sovereign, or Talecraft are easier to use and work far better than those of non-pagan faiths.
- All Changelings gain the Realm Actor for free and if it is the given of their type may choose any other.
- The Computer skill as this is the Dark Ages or before, is changed to be Enigmas.
- The Drive Skill is used for things like chariots, wagons, and any kind of skill-mounted riding.
- The Firearms skill is used for any Ranged Attacks like Archery or Thrown Weapons.
- Herbalism and Alchemy are both Science Skills.
- What can be played changes over time in this LARP and is posted for changes before each Convention. Exotics and Uneque types instead of buying them as a background, are done at a cost of Plot Upgrades to be added to the Story to account for the difficulty to be used in this game. Please check with Loremaster for the list and level of upgrades
- Myrrdin’s Safe Haven Tavern is a multi-location Elesum for all kinds of Prodigals. No hostile actions can be taken in this location via magic bindings. AKA Moody Badger Tavern in London Location.
The convention games that After the Sun Sets Games will be running are all based in historical settings with some leniency for story flow and various inspirational material. Bear in mind that the time frame might affect the Classes/Clans/Kiths/Tribes etc that you are familiar with in modern games. We are more than willing to talk about ideas, concepts, or concerns that you might have. We have tried to keep to the lore that is accessible and combine it with our concept.
So with that a few notes on the different prodigals and house rules.
Early games were the time of the shattering.
As years turned into decades, then into centuries, the changelings adapted to their cruel world. Those that were able huddled around the rare balefires while others made their way the best they could. Some kith fared better than others; nockers did especially well as the paradigm of science began to wrest control from the Church, but each kith found its niche, even as they do today. At first, they remained in their familiar feudal system, but as the merchant class became ascendant, commoner associations began to reflect the change. Leaders were styled mayors, aldermen, or generals, and the courts became assemblies. In many cases, changelings dispensed with leadership roles altogether, living in egalitarian motleys.